The end of our GOOD Friday - 4/10/09

After the drama with Sarah's car, but coupled with the luxury of being able to stay home, I worked for a few hours in the morning and shut down. I laid down for a nap at 2:15, but was roused at 3:00 with a pounding at the front door.



My dad had been trying to get hold of me for over an hour by phone.....I do not keep my cell phone in the room when I'm sleeping.



He had come by to pick up Sarah's car and take it to the local Firestone.



Since Leslie had my car, Dad left his car here and I began to get dressed to go and pick him up. So, my dad and I had a couple of hours to spend together. We drove around, went to Target and the 99 cent store picking up items for the boys' (our nephews) Easter egg hunt that night at his house.



We stopped at Starbucks so he could get a coffee (I drank a V8) and we prepared the Easter eggs. While he was ordering, I called Jonathan and asked him to come home (it was around 430) so that we could suprise Dad and tell him. He left work...



I told Dad that Jonathan was on his way home and wanted him to see his new table saw and the router table that he was building.....I knew dad would have no other reason to come back to the house.



So, Jonathan arrived home just minutes before we did.



Dad went out to the garage to look at the new table saw and the router table. They talked shop talk and I hung out wondering how we were going to tell him. Jonathan then said, "As soon as the router table is done, I can start building the crib"



It took Dad a second to realized what he had said. He laughed at first. Then looked at me, "Are you....?" Yes!



He gave me a big hug and cried a little. He needed some good news.



He hugged Jonathan and said, "Congratulations"



It was great!



We headed over to the Cano household. Jonathan and I hid the Easter eggs on two sides of the front yard (one side for Lucas - one side for Adrian) and had the boys do their hunt before it got dark. Adrian kept saying, "Another one" - And was a little upset when he realized that there were no more eggs.



What he LOVED, though, was the fact that the eggs had squishy dinosaurs and alphabet cookies in them! Of course he LOVED that too.



At dinner, Jonathan said the blessing and in closing thanked God for our wonderful pregnancy. Mind you that only Sarah and Angela didn't know yet. Sarah's first response was "I knew it!" - LOL. Angela just looked at me with tears in her eyes, "Really?" A little taken aback. Yep!!! Really!



We truly are so blessed.



With so many bad things in this world, God has touched our lives so graciously! It started with the marriage on a binding three string cord and now a new little miracle is growing. So majestic is He.....We are humbled in his presence.



Romans 8:28 NIV:
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts