The Christmas ADVENTure
Christmastime is upon us. As much as we would like to believe that Christmas is about family and presents, Christmas is only here and celebrated because of one history-altering event - the birth of Christ. In these preceding weeks, it is a time to celebrate the season of Advent and prepare for the true meaning of Christmas.
I've always struggled with activities to introduce in our home to help us to appreciate and understand what this time is about, but after some good research and time, I would like to share with you some activities that you could also share in your home!
- Setup an advent wreath and follow the tradition as a family
- Advent Calendar with Daily Activities
- Create a Nativity - Introduce the Story
- Visit the elderly or sick
- Emphasize the spirit of giving - Do an Angel from an angel tree and explain why you are doing it
- Make handwritten notes to family and friends and explain your appreciation for them
- Here are a couple of Daily Advent Activity Guides that are fantastic!
Feel free to leave a comment to share your own family traditions on how you share the story and the meaning behind the true celebration of Christmas!