Week 28.....THE FINAL TRIMESTER + Bedroom Furniture, Medical and More

Hey Everyone!

We are ending our 28th week of pregnancy! And what a crazy week its been.

We were thrown an AMAZING baby shower on Friday by my awesome coworkers for all of our industry friends. It was so great to see everybody!!! A huge THANK YOU to everyone for everything!!!

Prior to the shower, I had to go to the doctor to get another glucose test - I had come back with elevated levels of glucose in my system in the previous week's one-hour test. I arrived at 8:30 a.m. - Didn't get se
en
until 9:00 a.m. - and then found out that it was a 3-hour glucose test! OUCH!

So...I had my blood drawn (after having fasted for over 12 hours). Then they made me drink this AWFUL lemon-lime thick syrupy gross super sweet glucose drink - that was twice as concentrated as the one a week before. I sat in the lobby for a while and then headed out to my car - read my new Dan Brown book for a while and then took a 15 minute nap. I went back in and had my blood drawn again.....this time out of the top of my left hand. That was it - totally turned my stomach and I had to RUN to the ladies room!

Afterwards, I found ou
t that there was a Kohl's right behind the doc's office, so I spent the next hour in there - realizing the massive sale that they were having - and needing to buy an outfit for the shower, since now I wouldn't have time to go home and change. I went back to the doctor's office - had my blood drawn again - headed back to Kohl's - made my purchase - then headed BACK to the doctor's office for the last draw. Oh wow. I was done with needles after that visit.

As of today, though, I found out that I have been diagnosed with full blown gestational diabetes :( And I am very sad. Jonathan and I are going to have to go to an education course to find out what I can and cannot eat - as well as learning how to test my blood sugar.

Thank goodness this goes away after the baby is born - 11 weeks and counting.

I hosted a pampered chef party this weekend and had 3 people come. Thank you so much to those that did come! I guess its just the season for sickness and weddings! If anyone does like Pampered Chef - or knows someone that might like some for Christmas, make sure to click here :)

My poor Jonathan has been sick for 2 weeks now and finally went to the doctor. Apparently he's had a pretty bad case of allergies that triggered a cold and he seems to finally be getting over that! Yeah!

Let's see....Oh yeah! We've been saving for months now and got our new bedroom furniture in on Friday!! YEAH!! It is so beautiful! See below for pics:








Bed with 2 nightstands














Dresser with Mirror

























Tall Dresser













As far as our little man - he is doing great. I am starting to feel the weight and becoming more uncomfortable as each day passes.

At 28 weeks - I am at 38" and a hair - Meaning that I packed on an additional 1" in diameter since last Sunday - Wow! No wonder I'm uncomfortable!!!

Here is a 28 week belly shot:


















Here is what is happening to him now:

* His eyes are open and he can detect light, as well as begin blinking
* AND - the baby's eyes now have color! (So are they momma's brown eyes or daddy's hazel eyes???)
* He is finally on a regular sleep-wake schedule
* His lungs are now capable of breathing air!!!!
* He weighs about 2 lbs. 4 oz. now and is approximately 14.8 inches long from head to toe


Soooo...

He's about the size of an Squash..... (eww..)

















or a Chinese Cabbage (eww..)








Seriously - Can't they come up with more yummy things?


Hope everyone has a great week!

Melanie & Jonathan


Comments

Popular Posts