Baby S'Mores



Is it just me or s’mores everywhere these days? I know that they are a quintessential summer snack, but this year they seem to be in your face everywhere.
What’s a girl to do when there are s’mores everywhere?
Make them. Sorta.  I made a graham cracker crust, chocolate ganache filling and a toasted marshmallow topping.  Yes, I finally found a use for my ganache. See?! It’s good to have a big bowl of chocolate in your fridge,  at all times.:)
Now, these really are easy, and- if you don’t have ganache, you could easily use a  bit of chocolate instead.
The crust was a basic graham cracker crust:
Now, I took this pic on purpose of my hand… why? Well! Remember last week- when I went to do a bit of filming forMoovision? The director wanted us to all get manicures. (sweet!) So, we got the shellac kind- that’s supposed to last 3 weeks. Guess what? One week down- not a chip! Yay!
I need to do more film-work- just for the  manicures. Oh yes, in case you’re wondering- after our fancy-pant manicures, we went out for pizza and beer. Because we’re butch like that. ;)
So, I baked up my baby crusts,
topped em with some chocolate:
and….
Now- when you go to toast em. Seriously, 20 seconds max under the oven broiler. These babies tan faster than piece of white bread in a fire.
See? Told you!
baby s’mores
5.0 from 1 reviews
Print
Recipe Type: dessert
Author: Michelle Keith @ The Village Cook
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Serves: 24
Ingredients
  • 1 c graham cracker crumbs, fine
  • 1/4 c melted butter
  • 1/4 c sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 c chocolate filling* (either chocolate chips or cream)
  • 24 marshmallows
Instructions
  1. In a bowl, combine the butter, graham cracker crumbs and vanilla.
  2. Place two teaspoons of mixture in each compartment of a NON-STICK mini muffin pan.
  3. Press down each crust firmly.
  4. Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes
  5. Top with chocolate chips or chocolate ganache
  6. Top with marshmallow
  7. Place under broiler for 15-20 SECONDS, watching carefully.
  8. Place in fridge to cool, and allow chocolate to set.
  9. Remove by sliding a knife around edges, and pop out.

Comments

Popular Posts