The baby is officially viable if something (God forbid) made him come early.
In the last week, I have increased in size by an additional .5" around my belly - equaling a total of 1" over the last two weeks! I am growing by the second and noticing it mostly in the dwindling amount of clothes that actually fit me!
We had a great week! Jonathan finished painting the baby's nursery and tore out all of the carpet to reveal a lovely white vinyl tile.....ugh!!! The hardwood floors will go down this coming up weekend!
Tearing out the nasty carpet
OMG! Who would have EVER put this in a bedroom!!!!
The look of ... "YEAH! It's done!"
We also went to Raleigh over the weekend to visit my goddaughter Quinn, Melissa, Mike and baby Catie. We had a GREAT time ~ but boy I got tired quickly! Here are some fun pictures from our trip:
Playing Play Doh
On the Carousel
Here is what is happening with baby:
* He has gained about 4 oz. since last week - measuring a little over a pound now.
* He is a little over a foot long now ... about the size of a:
Ear of Corn
* His lungs are developing branches of the respiratory tree as well as cells that produce surfactant (a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he is born).
* His skin is still thin and translucent, but will change quickly in the coming weeks. This skin is protected by a waxy substance called vernix.
* He has now developed a sense of balance, which means that he can tell when he is upside down!
* He is sporting a fine, downy hair called lanugo.
* He is still practicing breathing by inhaling amniotic fluid into his developing lungs.
Its also getting exciting, because the showers are quickly approaching! YEAH!
Well....that's it for the moment!
Have a great week!
Melanie & Jonathan