He speaks…finally…at the end of the 34th week!

Hello everyone, it's Jonathan this time...I thought I'd take a stab at blogging this week. :)


We just finished our 34th week and things have been a little bumpy lately, but we’re hanging in there.


We received some great news at the follow up sonogram last week. The baby is still breech, but Melanie’s amniotic fluid levels rose from a not-so-good 6 to a normal 8! We’re praying the levels


continue that way for the remainder of the pregnancy. Speaking of praying, THANK YOU to everyone who has been praying for us lately, we really appreciate it! As emotional as all of this has been, a great friend of ours shared some awesome words of encouragement. He said, “I think God is always presenting us with opportunities for him to ask us ‘Do you trust me?’” That has really been an amazing comfort these past couple of days!


We had a fun Halloween week. Melanie carved a pumpkin of Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas.















We didn’t dress up as Juno again, just stayed at home and had lots of trick-or-treaters come by. We gave out all of our candy (actually had to put a sign on the door saying we were out!). We had a nice birthday lunch with Melanie’s Mom on Sunday followed by a bible study with friends. On Monday, we started our birthing classes at the hospital. Most of the information Melanie and I had learned from our Bradley classes. We did get a tour of Labor and Delivery, Post Partum, and the Nursery. Melanie and I had some neat -WOW THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING- time together when we waited behind the rest of the class until it was just us in the delivery room. They had 3 newborns in the nursery that we got to see baking under the heat lamp. Needless to say, the tour was the best part for us. The next evening, we spent some time with our church small group for the first time in a couple of months. We took a break at the end of the summer. Was so great to see everyone!


Just a few additional thoughts I wanted to share since I finally got around to blogging…


This whole experience with Melanie has been amazing. From the day I came home and she surprised me with “Congratulations Daddy! We did it!” I’ve been trying to grasp the idea of being a father and seeing my beautiful wife as a mother. It’s exciting and terrifying at the same time. I’m so grateful to our friends and family who’ve shared their words of wisdom in an attempt to prepare us for the un-prepare-able. :) I’m doing my best to take in everything and not forget Melanie with that pregnant glow, crying those happy tears, comforting her through the tough stuff, watching her cute tummy grow…I could go on and on. I’m so blessed to have my wife.


I cannot wait to meet our little man! Just a few more weeks!


Ok, here's what's going on...


He now weights about 4 3/4 pounds (about the size of a cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers - which will regulate his body temperature once he's born - are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well.



Here's how big he is:



And here's Melanie:

























Have a great week!

Jonathan

Comments

Popular Posts