Healthy Recipe: Spicy Tilapia with Pineapple Pepper Relish
Even for those that don't love fish - This was a great recipe! Tilapia is a farm-raised freshwater fish and one of the most mild tasting fish out there! It was also a very quick recipe to make. We loved it!
Fresh pineapple chunks, now widely available in supermarkets, speed the prep for this relish.
Serve with coconut rice (substitute light coconut milk for some of the water to cook it).
Round out menu with a romaine lettuce salad tossed with lime dressing.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet, about 1/2 cup relish, and 1 lime wedge)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 lime wedges
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Combine Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle fish evenly with spice mixture. Add fish to pan, and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Combine pineapple and next 5 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a large bowl, stirring gently. Serve pineapple mixture with fish. Garnish with lime wedges.
- 228 (22% from fat)
- 5.5g (sat 1.2g,mono 2.2g,poly 1.4g)