Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The "Salary" of a Stay at Home Mom - $117,867.00














Don't we all say, "I wish I could get paid to do this."

Or we SHOULD get paid to do this.

Rearing a child is one of the most difficult occupations in the world, yet one of the least recognized and respected.

"Oh...you're just a stay at home mom" Like there is no credibility.

Hello! I'm raising a human being! What could be more difficult, yet more rewarding?

Well, I was watching the news this morning and Salary.com came out with a measure in which they can calculate what we should be getting paid!

Based on a survey of more than 28,000 moms, Salary.com determined that the time mothers spend performing 10 typical job functions would equate to an annual salary of $117,867.00 - boasting an approximate work week of 91 hours!

The job titles that best matched a mom's definition of work are (in order of hours spent per week):

* Housekeeper
* Day Care Center Teacher
* Cook
* Computer Operator
* Facilities Manager
* Chauffer
* Psychologist
* Laundry Machine Operator
* Janitor
* CEO

It makes you wonder....

What I could do with all that money!



5 comments:

Frugal Science Gal said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am now your newest follower!
Hope you enjoy reading my blog at:
http://frugalsciencegal.blogspot.com/

Jena said...

Our efforts are priceless I believe. We're the most self-less individuals who work 24/7 without expecting anything in return. I'm proud being counted as one. By the way, this personal safety devices for women like us might interest you. Thanks and more power!

~J said...

AMEN to this!!!

allthingsnew said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing this. I enjoyed it...and it reminded me that my daughter is my job! I'm so used to having another job that I forget sometimes!

(came by from Follow Me Friday)

stephanie
http://sweetsavingsincolorado.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

So true! being a mom is the hardest job in the world, but most rewarding!
Thanks for sharing!
http://sahmommyblog.blogspot.com/