Eating Your Daylilies?

I came across an article recently in Natural Home that suggested that you can eat your daylilies...and actually gave a recipe!












So here goes:

Daylily Bud Saute

Ingredients:
2 dozen daylily buds                                      
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup olive oil                                           
3 eggs
dash of nutmeg                                             
salt and pepper
I clove garlic, finely minced

Cut the base off the buds. 


Sauté the garlic in a small amount of olive oil. 


Beat eggs and mix enough flower to make a thin batter. 


To this add the sautéed garlic, 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, and the dash of nutmeg. 


Add a teaspoon of milk if the batter is too thick. 


Dip the buds in the batter and sauté until a golden brown consistency.

Comments

Ellen aka Ellie said…
Pretty sure you're supposed to try a recipe before you post it!

;)
Unknown said…
LOL! Was hoping that someone would tell me how it is!
Mama.Mommy.Mom. said…
I just can't see myself harvesting my daylily blooms. lol
AJsArts said…
I wish I would have know about this recipe 2 months ago. I have a ton of day lilies I would have tried it. I will try anything once - lol :P

I am your newest follower from Hop Along Friday! Hope you have a great holiday weekend :)

http://ajsarts.blogspot.com

Amanda :)
Unknown said…
Hi,

Im your newest follower from the Friday Blog Hop. I hope you have a great weekend.

http://rwriterjourney.blogspot.com/

Popular Posts