Friday, September 10, 2010

Eco Friendly Books

How do you suppose you can read and not encourage and promote the destruction of trees?

Well ...  Two ways.

1) Buy used.  Half Price Books is a regular haunt of ours.  Also, half.com is a great online resource




2) Buy a Kindle. This electronic reader allows you to buy the book in digital format!

As many of you have heard, Blogmania is in full-effect and Bitten by Books is giving away a Kindle!


Wow.  How I would love one of these!

Go and check it out yourself!!!

Be green! Stay green.

1 comments:

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e) said...

I'm a library user. It's green in two ways...reusing and no cash!

As for the Kindle, I have friends who have them and love them, but I also have friends who wonder about what will happen to a Kindle when it stops working...I'm no tin the market for one, but if/when I get there, that will be first on my mind.

As for kids' books, as a teacher I love them, and there are many places they can be donated once used a bit: classrooms, daycares, Goodwill, libraries--all good places to reuse kids' books.