Nature Valley National Parks Project Preservation, Review & Giveaway
Since the dedication of Yellowstone as the world’s first national park in 1872, America’s parks have been visited by hundreds of millions of people who marveled at their beauty, found peace in their wildness and shared their experience with others.
However, these national treasures need care and support to help them flourish. Years of underfunding and environmental problems such as pollution and climate change are threatening our National Park system.
To help preserve our national parks and ensure their existence for generations to come, join Nature Valley® and Patricia Shultz, internationally best-selling author of 1,000 Places to See Before You Die and travel industry leader, to help support the National Parks Project.
This year, the National Parks Project will focus on restorative work at Grand Canyon, Yellowstone and Biscayne National Parks.
To get involved, simply purchase a box of specially marked Nature Valley Bars and mail in your wrappers to the address below:
National Parks Project
PO Box 450328
El Paso, TX 88545-0328
Nature Valley will not only recycle the wrappers, but will also contribute $0.10 to the National Parks Conservation Association (NPCA) for every wrapper received (up to $600,000 in total). To learn more about the National Parks Project and how you can make a difference, check out PreservetheParks.com today.
And don’t forget to visit Nature Valley on Facebook or Nature Valley on Twitter to “Like” or “Follow” the brand. Facebook fans can enter to win a trip, as well as share photos and videos of their summer vacations.
All of these sites will also feature updates on the restoration projects, as well as videos and pictures from “National Parks Project” volunteers.
There are many other ways you can enjoy the natural beauty and diverse wildlife of our national parks this summer while supporting the cause.
The easiest thing you can do to support the national parks is to experience them for yourself and share them with your family – remembering as always to “take only pictures and leave your footprints.”
So grab your backpack, your boots and some granola bars and go soak in the scenery.
If you have never had these granola bars, you are in for a great treat! Crispy and sweet, you would never guess that you are eating something that is good for you! Great for adults as well as kids, you do not have to worry about the nutrition of these great bars!
Nature Valley and BlogSpark were kind enough to send to my family a great "National Parks Outdoors Pack" that included a box of Nature Valley Bars, a mini backpack, a military grade compass, a solar powered keychain flashlight, a reusable water bottle and a copy of Patricia Shultz's 1,000 Places to See Before You Die: A Traveler's Life List - US and Canada.
Would you like a great Outdoors Prize pack too? Here is how you can win!
You have A TON of opportunities to enter! Please take the following steps to enter the contest, making sure to submit a separate comment for each entry.
MANDATORY ENTRIES (worth 1 each – Leave separate comments):
- Publicly follow Going Green with Noah via Google Friend Connect +1
If you already follow - just let me know!
- Share your most memorable trip to a National Park - OR - which National Park you would most want to visit with your family and why! + 1
- Visit Nature Valley National Parks site and tell me something you've learned
- Follow me on Facebook Networked Blogs on the blog homepage
- Become a fan of Nature Valley on Facebook +1
- Follow me on Twitter +1
- Follow Nature Valley on Twitter +1
- Tweet this: I entered @mel2266 #NatureValley by #myblogspark National Parks Prize Pak Giveaway- GoingGreenwithNoah.com
Tweet everyday for additional entries!! - Up to 1 x per day - +1
- Sign up for "Going Green with Noah e-newsletter" and activate subscription. +2
- Rate me 5 stars on Alexa.com +2
- Vote for “Going Green with Noah” on Top Mommy Blogs! +4
- Grab my button and put it on your blog (leave me the link) +6
- Blog about this giveaway (leave me the link) +5
- Enter any of my other giveaways +2 per giveaway
- Put this giveaway on a linky and tell me where to find it +1
Contest ends August 31st, 2010, 7 pm CST. Winner will be drawn via a random number generator.
Disclosure: T. No monetary compensation was received by me. This is my completely honest opinion above and may differ from yours. I cannot and will not be held liable for lost or products not received.