One of the most chemical ridden beauty products that are currently sitting on the market, is that of makeup. Loaded with parabens, SLS and many far worse toxins, I must admit that it is the one thing that I have not been able to let go of yet (You really don't want to see me out and about without makeup!) Even worse, I know that my makeup rubs off on Noah and it makes me cringe.
Enter Angelberry Organics. Organic mineral makeup! O....M....G!
I was so very excited to have the opportunity to receive and review a makeup that would be healthy and non-toxic to myself and my skin!
I received an eyeliner, a blush and a lip gloss - some of my must-haves in a crisis!
The eyeliner is not a liquid, but a pencil, which I was very pleased with. I tend to venture towards the pencils anyways, because I cannot do liquid and keep in straight on my eye!
The blush is a little bitty container, to eliminate wasteful packaging. Much to my surprise, I only needed an extremely small amount to create the desired "blush" effect on my cheeks. Great when you have to consider the money spent on makeup in the first place.
Finally, the lip gloss. Probably a little too light for me, but the texture and the taste were great. As with all lip glosses, they don't stay on for an extraordinarily long time, but overall I was pleased with the quality of product.
I actually worked a volunteer shift at a large children's consignment sale in Dallas today with the makeup on and was very happy that all but the lip gloss stayed on for the duration. My face tends to eat my makeup, so that it stayed on for 5 hours is saying a lot!
I was so happy with the Angelberry Organics line and will probably continue to use it once my samples are finished since it is free of so many of the toxins that our conventional makeup contains.
Would you like to try an Angelberry Organics product?
Brook over at Angelberry Organics has graciously offered a Lemongrass Aroma Spray to one lucky follower of Going Green with Noah.
Here is how to enter:
MANDATORY ENTRIES (worth 1 each – Leave separate comments):
- Publicly follow Going Green with Noah via Google Friend Connect +1
If you already follow - just let me know!
- Visit Angelberry Organics and tell me something that you like about their company +1
- Follow me on Facebook Networked Blogs on the blog homepage
- Visit Angelberry Organics on Facebook and Like them
- Follow me on Twitter +1
- Follow Angelberry Organics on Twitter +1
- Tweet this: I'm trying to #win an #Organic Lemongrass Aroma Spray in the #giveaway hosted by #anglberyorganix @goinggreenwnoah - RT
Tweet everyday for additional entries!! - Up to 1 x per day - +1
- Sign up for "Going Green with Noah e-newsletter" and activate subscription. +2
- Rate me 5 stars on Alexa.com +2
- Vote for “Going Green with Noah” on Top Mommy Blogs! +3
- Vote for "Going Green with Noah" on Top Baby Blogs! +3
- Grab my button and put it on your blog (leave me the link) +5
- Blog about this giveaway (leave me the link) +5
- Enter any of my other giveaways +2 per giveaway
- Put this giveaway on a linky and tell me where to find it +1 per linky
Contest ends September 10rd, 2010, 7 pm CST. Winner will be drawn via a random number generator.
Disclosure: I received the product mentioned above in exchange for this review. No monetary compensation was received by me. This is my completely honest opinion above and may differ from yours. I cannot and will not be held liable for lost or products not received.