Sugar Cookie Cupcakes Accidentally Delicious #Recipe

By: Three Kids and Us


Here I am in my kitchen with this gorgeous hot pink mixer prepped and ready to stir the heck out of my cake batter masterpiece. I’ve got my bag of flour, sugar, eggs, butter and miscellaneous ingredients ready to go. In my mind I’m envisioning this fluffy cupcake richly flavored with white chocolate and topped with a mound of white chocolate buttercream.

The reality is, there’s not a drop of white chocolate in the cupcakes I made. Why? Because I burned the dang chocolate that’s why! It really irks me because I’m always very careful about melting chocolate. I have a no fail routine that involves my microwave, low heat and lots of stirring. But in less than 30 seconds my white chocolate chips went from morsel to glob to concrete. I was so mad at myself I threw the dang bowl in the garbage can along with the burned chocolate … which I’ll probably go fish back out before I go to bed. What kind of dummy throws away a bowl?

Anyways, so I burned the chocolate but I didn’t give up. At the very least I wanted to salvage my cake batter so I pulled out my bottle of vanilla bean paste. If you don’t know what it is or don’t have it, buy it! This stuff is like vanilla beans on steroids. The thick vanilla syrup dazzles you with little vanilla bean speckles and makes everything it touch taste like heaven.
Maybe it was the vanilla bean paste or perhaps the crapload of sugar I poured in the batter, whatever the magical ingredient was, it made cupcakes that taste just like sugar cookies. The tops are slightly crispy (like a cookie) but the inside is soft like cake. I ate 3 of them before I took this picture and might have had another after I inserted it into this blog post.
Oh and aside from totally messing up the white chocolate, it dawned on me after I finished baking the cupcakes that the reason my batter was so thick was because I forgot the milk. This is what happens when you have a toddler on your leg and a husband asking where he’s suppose to put the baking powder back at. You forget things. And burn things. Regardless, these cupcakes are good!
These are so good no icing, frosting, or whatever you typically cover cupcakes with is necessary. They’re that good.
SUGAR COOKIE CUPCAKES RECIPE
4.7 from 3 reviews
Print
Recipe Type: Dessert
Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 1/4 tsps baking powder
  • 1 stick salted butter, room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 TBS vanilla bean paste
Directions
  1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F
  2. In an electric mixer, stir together butter, sugar eggs and vanilla until combined.
  3. Add baking powder and flour until combined.
  4. Fill cupcake cups 3/4 full with batter and bake for 15 – 20 mins until done.

Comments

Popular Posts