Adventures in Baby Food Making - Week 4: Mangoes


We finished our 4 days with Pears, which we still aren't too sure about and started Mangoes as our "Week 4" food.

After an initial gag, we couldn't get enough! Noah truly liked Mangoes, but I still think that Butternut Squash is, by far, his favorite.

Here is how its done:














I selected two Organic Mangoes from Whole Foods. Two mangoes made 1 full tray of ice cube squares of 2 tbsp each.















I slashed the skin and peeled back the skin.

Then, I pulled out the fruit from the skin and away from the pit.

This was much more difficult that I thought it was going to be.






















I pureed the mangoes in our Cuisinart 11 cup food processor for 2 minutes until it was really smooth. Then, I placed 2 tbsp. of fruit into each ice cube compartment.
















Finally, I bagged the fruit in a freezer bag and labeled the bag. The frozen cubes are good for up to 10 months.

And here was what we thought about it:
















Not sure at first.....



















But then we loved it and can't get enough!


Haven't decided about next week - Depends on what we can find organic!







Comments

Tammy said…
I was never good at making babyfood so I opted for the Gerbers...

Thanks for joining us today in our launch of the Thursdays Friends and Giveaways. We hope you made some new friends today!
Tammy said…
I was never good at making babyfood so I opted for the Gerbers...

Thanks for joining us today in our launch of the Thursdays Friends and Giveaways. We hope you made some new friends today!
Sarah said…
Have you tried sweet potatoes or apricots?
That is really neat. I am sure that it is cheaper and healthier to make baby food yourself. I am sure that it tastes better too.
We made almost all of our own baby food, and my little one also really loved (and still loves) mangoes and butternut squash! I'd recommend going for carrots!

Popular Posts